KINGDOM FELLOWSHIP AME CHURCH IS HIRING FOR THE FOLLOWING FULL TIME POSITIONS. TO APPLY EMAIL YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), the Comptroller will be responsible for oversight of all finance, accounting, and reporting activities.
- Ensure that systems and procedures are in place to support effective program implementation and conduct flawless audits.
- Experienced accounting professional with proficiency in grant accounting, A-133 and Quick Books to perform full cycle accounting for non-profit entities.
- Oversee the activities of the corporate accounting department for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements and annual audits and annual budgets
- Oversee the activities of the accounts receivable department to ensure the accurate and timely management of all accounts receivable aging components including billings, cash receipts application, etc.; funding service management, which includes weekly funding reports and customer service; quarter and year-end payroll closing including federal and state reports; and check statistic management.
- Manages the processing of all accounting transactions, which is supported by a detailed set of policies, procedures, and forms. Accounting transactions typically include billings, accounts payable, payroll, collections, and cash receipts.
- Respond to CFO as assigned with accurate and timely work to facilitate his financial needs.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, clients and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
- Manages the entire accounting staff, sometimes using assistant comptrollers as intermediaries
- Maintains a system of controls to ensure that assets are used appropriately.
- Maintains a chart of accounts and general ledger, from which are compiled a set of financial statements.
- Assists both internal and external auditors with their examinations of the company’s financial reports and controls.
- Financial Management
- Knowledge of fund accounting
- Technical Capacity
- Performance Management
- Ethical Conduct
- Communication Proficiency
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Supervisory Responsibility
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- CPA certification
- 10 years of hands-on accounting managerial experience.
- Non-profit experience
- Property Accounting Experience is a Plus
- MBA (Preferred)
To support the Grow Ministry of Kingdom Fellowship AME Church and the Grow Lead by strengthening discipleship, membership, and educational opportunities.
Strengthening the Discipleship opportunities of the church by:
- Designing relevant courses and creating curriculum to be delivered across multiple platforms with the aim of maturing disciples.
- Recruiting and training teachers and facilitators, including regular rhythms of equipping and assessment
- Shaping a robust learning platform for members and non-members to grow in Christ as part of the online worship experience
- Developing a strong leadership team to coordinate logistics for each area of growth and learning
- Creating and integrating a multi-generational growth process with all affinity ministries (i.e. children, youth, men, women, Thrive, etc.)
- Thinking outside of the box of traditional discipleship, innovating through various mediums and with a strong evangelistic message (i.e. podcasts, video series, interactive learning experiences, etc.)
- Aligning growth opportunities and curriculum with the Pastor’s sermon series and themes, as necessary
- Supporting overall District goals for Class Leaders and church themes, as necessary
Strengthening the Membership opportunities of the church by:
- Ensuring smooth process from the moment individuals and families express interest in the church to the time that they join
- Overseeing process of recruiting, training, and developing administrators, Connect Coaches and Growth leaders
- Selecting and contextualizing new member curriculum that strengthens the mission and vision of the church
- Facilitating new member orientation and read-in process
- Regularly assessing the new member process to ensure technological efficiency
- Ensuring accuracy and diligence in records, reports, and systems to support new member data
Strengthening the Educational opportunities of the church by:
- Creating opportunities for theological conversation around key topics, questions, and culture across multiple platform so Developing programming that encourages and inspires biblical literacy
- Organizing panels, summits, and conferences with scholars to facilitate
- engagement between both the academy and the church
- Researching and writing relevant and accessible content that integrates the rich heritage of A.M.E and African American religious history
Supporting the overall ministry of the church by:
- Preaching and teaching, as assigned
- Representing the church in public spaces, as needed
- Fulfilling other ministerial and leadership duties within the church, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required; Theological Master’s degree strongly preferred
- Passion for God’s Word and for the growth of Christian discipleship
- Fervent belief in the mission of the Christian Church
- Fluency with Microsoft Office, Apple OS suite, Zoom.
- Strong knowledge of FellowshipOne and In-Fellowship platforms (Preferred).
- Excellent organizational communication skills and effective professional business writing skills.
- Ability to recruit, disciple and retain leaders within the ministry
- Strong interpersonal skills – ability to communicate and work well with internal and external partners and develop professional relationships.
- Competency and flexibility to complete special projects with little supervision as assigned.
- Ability to work with a variety of teammates, facilitating collaboration and cooperation.
- Highest level of discretion in handling sensitive and confidential information/situations with/for Pastoral team.
- Self-motivated, well organized, ability to work independently on projects.
- This person will oversee the full needs of the worship and media departments, from live Sunday worship to services during the week as well as online ministry.
- Recruit, train, encourage and support lay people in the various volunteer ministries of Music and Worship Arts in our congregation.
- Provide technical support for worship services and events
- Maintain a reliable system for providing technical support for all worship services and events. This includes (but is not limited to): Audio mixing, monitor mixing, and audio recording (knowledge of Yamaha M7 series a plus)
- Lighting production (knowledge of Martin M1 console a plus)
- Switching with multiple cameras (IMAG)
- Video recording, and live streaming production o ProPresenter/PowerPoint presentation
- Prepare stage for rehearsals, worship services, and events.
- Initiate successful communication with pastors, Director of Music & Worship, ministry leaders, and event coordinators to help facilitate a/v needs.
- Oversee video production for worship services, including capturing, live streaming, editing, uploading to website.
- Create a system to receive a manageable number of requests from ministries for video production.
- Carry projects from inception to final product.
- Ideal candidate is highly tech-savvy, able to learn and master new technology quickly and thoroughly.
- Expert knowledge of audio/video/lighting signal flows and strong ability to troubleshoot in all these environments.
- Must possess a teachable spirit and collaborate well in a team environment 8. Excellent leadership skills
- Ability to inspire and motivate teams of volunteers and leaders.
- Extremely strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to embrace and pursue artistic and spiritual excellence in services.
- Maintains strict confidentiality regarding all matters pertaining to personal and church related issues.
- Adheres to all church policies and procedures as determined in the Doctrine, By-laws, and policy manual.
- Coordinates the church calendar by attending staff meetings, processing calendar requests by ministry leaders and individuals, and maintaining information.
- Coordinate’s facility usage with the calendar and works with facilities management as required, including rental and usage contracts.
- Coordinates communications regarding office hours, church-wide information and events, and specific ministry events
- Facilitates communication among staff and Leadership Team.• Communicates with website and social media managers.
- Supervises senior staff clerical support utilizing reception staff and/or volunteers.• Creates, updates, and distributes regularly scheduled reports and other reports as needed.
- Manages the reception area and staff to ensure effective telephone and mail communications both internally and externally to maintain professional image during normal office hours.
- Performs duties of ensuring accurate church membership records and minutes of the church business meetings.
- Manages the purchase of office supplies, furniture, office equipment, etc., in accordance with purchasing policies and budgetary guidelines and limitations.
- Oversees the maintenance of office equipment including printer/copiers, fax and postage machines, phone system, etc.
- Negotiates and maintains contracts and reports for vendors.
- Manages specific budget account funds (Admin/Office Supplies, Funeral and Kitchen)and the office business vendor accounts.
- Creates, updates, and communicates current office procedures as needed.
- Ensures common office areas and conference rooms are maintained.
- Participates as needed in special events, activities, and projects.
- Oversees keeping kitchen supplies stocked.
- Helps plan meeting agendas, supplies, and food as needed.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma required
- Minimum of 4 year of administrative experience
- Can utilize basic graphic design software.
- Has managerial experience leading small teams.
- Has administrative experience in the non-profit sector.
- Embraces enthusiastically the mission of the church.
- Is Microsoft Office proficient, specifically Word and Excel.
- Possesses the ability to learn new software programs quickly.
- Exhibits good organizational and personal time-management skills, especially the ability to manage a variety of tasks while handling interruptions with a people-focused mindset.
- Acts as a team player, including the ability to ask pointed questions and give or take input from other team members besides supervisor.
- Possesses excellent attention to detail, grammar, and proof-reading skills.
- Administering compensation and benefit plans
- Assisting in talent acquisition and recruitment processes
- Conducting employee onboarding and help plan training & development.
- Performance management and improvement systems.
- Organization development.
- Employment and compliance to regulatory concerns and reporting.
- Employee orientation, development, and training.
- This position will provide direct support to the Executive Management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources
- 5 Years’ experience in HR
The primary purpose of the position of senior youth minister at Kingdom Fellowship AME Church is to develop, plan and direct ministries that reach young people in our Nursery Ministry (9 months to Pre-K),Kids Ministry (K to 5th grade) and our Teen Ministry (6th grade to 12th grade). This person should work to serve the students in these age groups who are currently a part of the Church as well as those in the community with the purpose of disciplining them to faith in Jesus Christ. This position reports to the Director of Ministry Operations.
- Creates and leads worship for young people that results in spiritual growth and involvement in missions. This includes preaching sermons that are biblically relevant and organizing mission opportunities for this age group
- Oversees the training to recruit and mentor young people who volunteer to lead within the youth ministry of Kingdom Fellowship AME Church.
- Reaches out evangelistically to students and their parents in the community through outreach ministries. This includes leading students to develop a personal faith in Jesus Christ and helping them discover and use their spiritual gifts for ministry.
- Supervises and provides resources for retreats and special events.
- Supervises and provides training for all youth ministry volunteers.
- Provides spiritual covering for the students and their families as they are involved in the ministry, to include: prayer, preaching, teaching, home visits, school visits, hospital visits, etc.
- Responsible for Nursery, Kids, and Teen ministries, to includes ministries that fall under each of these ministry areas. (i.e. Sons of Joshua and Daughters Of Esther under the Teen Ministry, etc.)
- Plans and prepares weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly youth ministry activities such as lock-ins, retreats, youth services, missions trips, conferences, etc.
- Ensures that on-going and appropriate follow-up correspondence is sent to parents of students who attend ministry activities as well as those who make decisions for Jesus Christ at these activities.
- Coordinates all desktop publishing publications, church publicity, literature distribution, and media production.
- Visits, volunteers, and is consistently involved in local area schools in order to build relationships with students, staff and the administration.
- Prepares a list of performance goals annually, stated in measurable terms, to be used for planning, improving efficiency of the position, and for reference during an annual review process.
- Attends various meetings as requested.
- Composes letters and internal memos
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Ministry Operations
- A person with passion for sharing his/her faith and ministering to students and their families.
- A person who models strong moral and ethical leadership.
- A person with leadership gifts, charismatic personality, and spiritual gifts of teaching, evangelism and creative communications.
- A self-starter with a vision of what is needed to staff and direct life-changing Nursery, Kids, and Teen Ministries.
- A person who is committed to the Bible as the word of God.
- A person willing to commit to the vision and mission of Kingdom Fellowship AME Church.
Education And Experience
- A bachelor’s degree is required. Three to five years of experience working in children’s ministry, youth ministry and/or young adult ministry is preferred.
- Masters of Divinity is preferred.
Requirements & Skills:
- Ability to work well under pressure and maintain a professional demeanor, servant’s heart and “can-do” attitude.
- Ability to work flexible hours if required to complete assigned tasks.
- Multi-task and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications: Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc
- Oral and written communication skills.
- This person will serve under the direction of the Senior Minister to Music to ensure that our nursey, kids, and teen worship experiences have effective staff and music to help students move closer to Jesus through worship.
- Recruit, train, encourage and support lay people in the various volunteer ministries of Music and Worship Arts in our congregation.
- Provide regular training sessions for musicians, vocalists, artists, and other related volunteers in the ministry.
- Develop new worship aids in choirs, ensembles, trios, quartets, and other special musical groups.
- Develop a Music and Worship Arts ministry strategy for the entire church.
- Lead the congregation as they establish long-range goals and short-term objectives for an ongoing Music and Worship Arts Ministry in the life of the church
- Plan and oversee the worship services in cooperation with the Senior Pastor and other Worship personnel.
- Organize and communicate to team members (currently using Online Planning Center)
- Stay informed on current Music and Worship Arts trends and how they relate to church, keeping Dayspring on the cutting edge of ministry to our culture.
- Be a model worshiper him/herself.
- Can be flexible with music styles.
- Possess an ability to relate to and work with others.
- Demonstrate the ability to draw people into worship participation.
- Have excellent people and pastoral skills.
- Be creative and unafraid to explore new areas and expressions of worship.
- Have a working understanding of the technical aspects of multimedia, sound systems, digital and analog sound boards, presentation software, and computers.